UPDATE: 18th February 2015 - Just uploaded a newer copy of the price list with a few fixes, there was a mistake where Off Peak Hacking was the same for Adults & Children, this has now been fixed.
we have a new price list, we with some minor increases, we pledged to keep the prices down during the recession, as such there have been minimal changes to our rates for 6 years. Some prices have gone up, but we are still rewarding customers who ride regularly. The transfer and club system is changing too, and details of that will be made available when we have finished the forms.
For now though, you can view the new price list in Adobe PDF format. We have attempted to simplify it by having a Childrens and Adult Price list seperate.
Price List as valid from 1st of November 2014:-
- Chestnuts Riding School Adult Horse Riding Price >>> VIEW/DOWNLOAD Adults
- Chestnuts Riding School CHILDRENS-U18 Horse Riding Price >>> VIEW/DOWNLOAD Childrens - U18
PLEASE NOTE: The Prices on the individual pages have not been updated yet to reflect the new changes. The prices are subject to change without notice, so please check this space for any updates.
Check out our new Pony for the Day website, it has updated information about the activities we offer during the School Holidays!
2014 Summer break: 24th July 2014 - 2nd September 2014
Summer break: Thursday 24 July 2014 to Tuesday 2 September 2014 We will be running Pony Days weekdays throughout the summer holidays, with the main days on Wednesday, Thursday and Friday subject to bookings.
The Chestnuts Riding School is an Equestrian Centre located 5 minutes outside of Brighton on the A23 Southbound. We have a huge floodlit Indoor Arena for year round riding, and the best hacking in the area, with instant access to the South Downs via our Private Bridlepath.
Our Opening Times:
- Monday: Closed
- Tuesday: 0800 to 18:00
- Wednesday: 0800 to 18:00
- Thursday: 0800 to 18:00
- Friday: 0800 to 18:00
- Saturday: 0800 to 13:30
- Sunday: 0800 to 13:30
- Weekend Afternoons - Loan Club
The Chestnuts Riding School is fully licensed by 'Mid Sussex District Council' (MSDC), and Insured. Our instructors are fantastic, highly experienced and qualified in teaching "Total Beginners" right up to Advanced level.
We do the following in our huge floodlit Indoor Arena (adults, and children):
- Introduction / Assessment Riding Lessons
- Private Horse Riding Lessons
- Semi - Private Riding Lessons (2 people)
- Group Riding Lessons (3-7 people)
- Private Jumping Lessons
- Group Jumping Lessons (4 people)
- Pony for the Day (5-10 Children from 10am to 4pm, 2 Hours Riding)
We do the following on the Sussex's beautiful South Downs:
- Hacking (Short and Long)
- Pony / Horse Rides (handler led)
- Trekking (delayed) - Walk Only with Western Saddles and a Pommel to hold onto.
Our location is amazing, we're easy to get to, and situated with a direct private bridleway straight onto the South Downs, you can ride past sights like The Chattri/Indian Memorial, Pyecombe Golf Course, even Ditchling Beacon and The Windmills on longer hacks.
We're really easy to get to (more info on our location here).
- The Chestnuts Riding School
- A23 Southbound
- London Road
- BN45 7FJ
- What is a Rider Registration Form?
- I used to have lessons just over 3 years ago for a year. I haven't had a lesson since although I remember how to walk, trot and canter. Can I still go hacking?
- How often do you get to take horse riding lessons? If you dont know how to ride? Would it be on a regular basis? or just one day?
- Do you have to be able to canter to go on a pony day?
- When you first start riding is it essential to have your own body protector?