Check out our new Pony for the Day website, it has updated information about the activities we offer during the School Holidays!
2014 Summer break: 24th July 2014 - 2nd September 2014
Summer break: Thursday 24 July 2014 to Tuesday 2 September 2014 We will be running Pony Days weekdays throughout the summer holidays, with the main days on Wednesday, Thursday and Friday subject to bookings.
The Chestnuts Riding School is an Equestrian Centre located 5 minutes outside of Brighton on the A23 Southbound. We have a huge floodlit Indoor Arena for year round riding, and the best hacking in the area, with instant access to the South Downs via our Private Bridlepath.
Our Opening Times:
- Monday: Closed
- Tuesday: 0800 to 18:00
- Wednesday: 0800 to 18:00
- Thursday: 0800 to 18:00
- Friday: 0800 to 18:00
- Saturday: 0800 to 13:30
- Sunday: 0800 to 13:30
- Weekend Afternoons - Loan Club
The Chestnuts Riding School is fully licensed by 'Mid Sussex District Council' (MSDC), and Insured. Our instructors are fantastic, highly experienced and qualified in teaching "Total Beginners" right up to Advanced level.
We do the following in our huge floodlit Indoor Arena (adults, and children):
- Introduction / Assessment Riding Lessons
- Private Horse Riding Lessons
- Semi - Private Riding Lessons (2 people)
- Group Riding Lessons (3-7 people)
- Private Jumping Lessons
- Group Jumping Lessons (4 people)
- Pony for the Day (5-10 Children from 10am to 4pm, 2 Hours Riding)
We do the following on the Sussex's beautiful South Downs:
- Hacking (Short and Long)
- Pony / Horse Rides (handler led)
- Trekking (delayed) - Walk Only with Western Saddles and a Pommel to hold onto.
Our location is amazing, we're easy to get to, and situated with a direct private bridleway straight onto the South Downs, you can ride past sights like The Chattri/Indian Memorial, Pyecombe Golf Course, even Ditchling Beacon and The Windmills on longer hacks.
We're really easy to get to (more info on our location here).
- The Chestnuts Riding School
- A23 Southbound
- London Road
- BN45 7FJ
- Some riding schools offer loaning out their horses to clients. Do you loan out your horses?
- Do we offer Livery and DIY?
- When you first start riding is it essential to have your own body protector?
- Would 2 people be allowed to do a Semi-Private Lesson if 1 person didn't know how to ride and the other did?
- Hi there I have an almost 3 year old who is very confident on a horse. Could I organise a pony ride for her one weekend soon?