The Chestnuts Riding School is an Equestrian Centre located 5 minutes outside of Brighton on the A23 Southbound. We have a huge floodlit Indoor Arena for year round riding, and the best hacking in the area, with instant access to the South Downs via our Private Bridlepath.
Our Opening Times:
- Monday: Closed
- Tuesday: 0800 to 18:00
- Wednesday: 0800 to 18:00
- Thursday: 0800 to 18:00
- Friday: 0800 to 18:00
- Saturday: 0800 to 13:30
- Sunday: 0800 to 13:30
- Weekend Afternoons - Loan Club
The Chestnuts Riding School is fully licensed by 'Mid Sussex District Council' (MSDC), and Insured. Our instructors are fantastic, highly experienced and qualified in teaching "Total Beginners" right up to Advanced level.
We do the following in our huge floodlit Indoor Arena (adults, and children):
- Introduction / Assessment Riding Lessons
- Private Horse Riding Lessons
- Semi - Private Riding Lessons (2 people)
- Group Riding Lessons (3-7 people)
- Private Jumping Lessons
- Group Jumping Lessons (4 people)
- Pony for the Day (5-10 Children from 10am to 4pm, 2 Hours Riding)
We do the following on the Sussex's beautiful South Downs:
- Hacking (Short and Long)
- Pony / Horse Rides (handler led)
- Trekking (delayed) - Walk Only with Western Saddles and a Pommel to hold onto.
Our location is amazing, we're easy to get to, and situated with a direct private bridleway straight onto the South Downs, you can ride past sights like The Chattri/Indian Memorial, Pyecombe Golf Course, even Ditchling Beacon and The Windmills on longer hacks.
We're really easy to get to (more info on our location here).
- The Chestnuts Riding School
- A23 Southbound
- London Road
- BN45 7FJ
Apologies to anyone who has been trying to email us through the website, due to a security update, a password wasn't updated.
You should now be able to email us through the bookings form, or buy gift vouchers again.
All the best
- My 11 year old daugter wants to go out hacking - is it safe for me not to come?
- I used to have lessons just over 3 years ago for a year. I haven't had a lesson since although I remember how to walk, trot and canter. Can I still go hacking?
- Why does horse riding cost so much?
- What is a Rider Registration Form?
- What happens on pony for the day?